Do you want the Scarlet Raptor to appear at your next event?
The big guy might be able to do just that. The Rutgers – Camden Scarlet Raptor loves to socialize, spend time with fellow students, faculty, staff and campus guests. The Raptor likes to smooze with friends in the local community.
But the Raptor has a very hectic schedule. Don’t forget that the Raptor is a Rutgers student too and may not be available during academic breaks, during reading days, exam periods, etc.
Raptor availability depends on several other factors including: weather / climate, venue accessibility, athletic events schedule, etc.
If available for your event, the Raptor will need:
- A parking place close to the event venue or a ride to the event especially if the appearance is held at an off campus location
- Drinking water
- An escort - to help navigate your facility and provide crowd control
- A reminder when the appearance time is ended (remember, the Raptor doesn’t own a watch)
- A private, quiet area to dress and rest (the Raptor needs to stay cool and reenergize)
- A secure location for the Raptor pouch (clothes and personal items)
Appearances are usually 30 minutes to an hour.
Appearances are approved by the director of the Camden Campus Center and the internship director for the Mascot program.
Please submit all requests two (2) weeks in advance of the scheduled event date.
Appearances are scheduled on a first come – first served basis.
Every effort will be made to accommodate your request.
Yours in feathers,
The Scarlet Raptor